Sunday, January 11, 2015

Garden update! 01/11/2015

Hello friends!

The plants in my garden beds don't seem to be bouncing back from the frost we had. The only things in the yard that look like they're thriving are the weeds. But honestly, I don't mind that. I don't have the same hatred that most do for weeds... I simply don't understand it. If they're not in my garden beds, they're not hurting anything. And there can be such a unique beauty to them if you actually take the time to see them. 

Anyway, being the impatient person I am, I decided to rip out my peas and plant my zucchini starts. I know they'll probably struggle with the cold nights, but it's been warming up nicely during the day. It'll be interesting to see if they make it, and how well they perform as adults.

The hydroponic garden is also looking pretty meh. I went too heavy on the nutrients in the fennel and pepper bins, so they both took a pretty heavy hit. A couple weeks later and they're finally starting to turn around, but they still look stunted and sickly. Although, I must say I am pretty excited for the blooms that are going to be coming in the next few weeks!
The oldest system in the hydro closet (lemon balm, horehound, thyme, hyssop, and the tall one is a mystery)
Hyssop flower buds

Underside of lemon balm leaves turning purple

Hyssop flower

Purple bell flower buds

Black beauty zucchini - Wish it luck!

Random weed in the back yard

Random weed in the back yard

Random weed in the back yard
Random flowers growing in the yard

No comments:

Post a Comment