Monday, January 26, 2015

Garden update! 01/26/2015

Hello friends!

It's been another somewhat slow week around the garden. The squash and zucchini that I planted out early don't seem to be doing so well. I'll be ordering another batch of seeds to start backups just in case. I also lost all my indoor peppers to some kind of leaf miner infestation that seemed to have exploded overnight.



In the past I had some white flies get inside, and learned quickly that when there are no predators around these kinds of things quickly become an issue. With how sickly the peppers were looking, I decided it would be best just to pull them out and start some new ones. I really didn't want to give this a chance to spread to the fennel or basil bins.

Speaking of basil, I'm excited for all basil I have coming up. One bin has two Genovese basil, a red velvet basil, a dark opal basil, and an arugula just for good measure. In about 30-40 days this bin will be providing me with my first batch of summer pesto. Whoo!!

Pepper damage
Pepper damage
Leaf miner of some kind inf the center of the photo
Fennel
Eggplant
Holy basil in the elegant Kratky setup 
Opal basil in a DWC setup
Baja fairy duster seed pod 
Trailing dalea 
Lantana

No comments:

Post a Comment